HRC IS AN INDUSTRY LEADER IN WATERSHED MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
Communities and private and industrial clients look to HRC for planning, permitting, innovative design, and public education services when it comes to addressing their environmental concerns and stormwater management needs. HRC Environmental staff are well versed in the most current regulatory issues and can provide expertise and guidance in dealing with regulatory, permitting, and design issues.
HRC’s Watershed Management Department provides a broad range of services including stormwater management and watershed planning, lake and stream restoration, drain improvements, and MDEQ Permitting including Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Permitting. As an important part of HRC’s unique multidiscipline structure, HRC’s Watershed Department provides technical expertise and support to various HRC project teams and departments for a broad range of infrastructure improvement projects.
Areas of Expertise
- Stormwater Management Compliance Tracking/Reporting
- Public Education
- Illicit Discharge Elimination Plans
- Watershed Management Planning
- Pollution Prevention
- Local Ordinances
- BMP Design/Implementation
- Resource Protection/Enhancement
- MDEQ Permitting/Reporting
- Stream/Lake Assessments
- Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control Programs
- Lake/Stream Restoration
- Bio-engineering/Streambank Stabilization
- Regional Stormwater Retention Facilities
- Wetland Mitigation/Creation
- Water Quality Studies
- Grant Applications/Administration
- Landscape Architecture
James Burton, P.E.