HRC HAS BEEN PLANNING, DESIGNING AND IMPLEMENTING ITS IN SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN SINCE 1991
Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) is the application of modern information technology and communications to transportation operations and management. The goal of ITS is to improve the transportation system to make it more effective, more efficient, and safer. By applying the latest technological advancements to our transportation system, ITS can help meet the increasing demand for more infrastructure by improving the quality, safety, and effective capacity of our existing infrastructure. ITS represents a wide array of applications from advanced signal control systems to traveler information systems to collision warning systems.
HRC has been planning, designing, and implementing ITS in southeast Michigan since 1991. HRC has played a major role in developing the system for the Michigan Department of Transportation, the Road Commission for Oakland County, and the Road Commission of Macomb County.
Areas of Expertise
- Traffic Operations Center Design
- Traffic Operations Center Construction
- Closed-Circuit TV System Design
- Dynamic Message Sign Design
- Vehicle Detection System Design
- Structural Design of Foundation for ITS Field Equipment
- Traffic Incident Management
- Traffic Plans for Special Events
- Construction Engineering & Observation for ITS Personnel
- Development of Plans, Specifications and Estimates
- Regional Transportation Operations